(Shared with permission from A Shyne for use exclusively by the USNA S FL Parents Club)
Congratulations to all Plebe-to-bes! Join us on a Scavenger Hunt. See if you can answer all of the following questions
correctly. All of the information you will need is in the links given below.
1. State the Mission of the U.S. Naval Academy. CLICK HERE to read...
2. What is the birthdate of the USNA? FIND IT HERE! What is the birthdate of the U.S Navy? Click Here!
3. What are the three core values of the USNA? Click Here!
4. When you are supposed to be in your rack, where are you?
5. Where is the head?
6. What does SIQ mean? What is a "chit"? READ ABOUT 4,5,and 6 HERE
7. What does it mean to “plebe” a cover and square a corner?
To plebe your cover means... that you hold it in a special way only required of Plebes – holding their cover with an open hand, all five
fingers extended on the inside of the cover. It is not required of the yard, but it is a habit that is hard to break…
8. How do you keep your eyes in the boat? TRY HERE
10. What on earth are chow calls? Watch this and read P. 4
11. What do NWU, MO, OOW, MOOW stand for? Find it Here!
12. What is an Irish Pennant? What is it?
13. What is the US Navy Chain of Command? Memorize it Here...
(*Caveat! Double check the names since they can change. Always go with the list in the package that was sent to you by the
14. What are the general orders of a sentry? TRY THIS...
15. How is the cow? One of my favorites – my Dad used to quiz us on THIS when we were kids…
15. Read the Goatlocker - always helpful...
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR RATES !!